From different backgrounds, our band of ragtag characters have found themselves in a dire predicament, imprisoned by wicked and cruel Drow slavers. With a certain fate of either execution or slavery if the group should become helpless, they must collaborate with eachother, and those around them, in an attempt to escape their captors, and eventually the Underdark.
- The party found themselves in the clutches of sinister Drow, who oversaw a slave operation at the outpost of Velkynelve. They are stripped of belongings and taken to a slave pen.
- It has been nine days since their arrival, Milford finds himself the target of Ront's taunting, extending as far as to spill and waste Milford's thin mushroom broth. However, the teasing climaxes with the increasing noise drawing the attention of the guards, who summon Ilvara, the latter punishing Ront with several lashings of her tentacle rod. When drinking the broth, Jimjar bribes the guard on-duty with a rare blue gem, with which he is given an additional bowl of broth. However, this bowl contains a key which unlock the manacles that bind each of the prisoners.
- Before the prisoners are sent to the nearby construction site, two other prisoners who have just returned from working there, both Drow; named Andromeda and Sarith, arrive as the others are about to be taken away.
- The group came together to hatch a plan, involving Tala shapeshifting into a spider, and crawling into the guard tower for supplies, during a march to the nearby construction site.
- Jorlan Duskryn offers the prisoners who are off-duty, Andromeda and Sarith, an easy escape, by leaving their cell door unlocked, so that his superiors will feel humiliated. Later, he promises to sound a horn, alerting the construction site guards, to return to Velkynelve.
- In a tunnel on route to the construction site; Milford and Undyne break free from their bonds, and the former creates a loud bang, which distracts the guards. During their investigation, Jimjar unlocks his manacles, and then proceeds to unlock everyone elses, allowing them an escape back to Velkynelve, however due to the guards returning and time running out for Jimjar, Topsy & Turvy are left behind in the tunnels during their escape, but the guards are quick to pursue the remaining prisoners.
- After meeting up with Andromeda and Sarith, and being informed of their new and altered plan, thanks to Jorlan's influence, Tala leads them to the shrine to Lolth, where they engage in battle with some guards and junior priestess Asha. Consequently, Asha and the guards are slain, and the party are quick to retrieve their stolen gear from a trunk in Ilvara's quarters, which they have to carry to the ropebridge.
- It is here, that a giant spider that guards the bridge, drops from the cavern ceiling, and kills Sarith during combat. However, Andromeda and Tala manage to kill the giant spider, before finding an open area of Velkynelve, occupied by a couple of guards and Jorlan.
- Undyne flees ahead of her fellow prisoners, and reaches the gates of Velkynelve, where she is put in shackles and taken to see the current lieutenant in command, Jorlan. Meanwhile, Ilvara, Shoor and other guards are quick on the pursuit of the remaining prisoners, except Topsy & Turvy, whose status is unknown.
- A mighty battle is about to ensue, when Milford and the remaining camp of prisoners reach the open gates of Velkynelve, and are confronted by the two Drow guards, and Jorlan, who slaughters the one guard, while Jimjar sneaks behind the other, and begins to stab him repeatedly with a shiv he has kept on his person.
- During this initial conflict, which escalates as the other guards, including Ilvara and Shoor, catch up, matters complicate, as an echoing in the caverns of Velkynelve intensifies, and a couple of demonic beings soar through the cavern, battling each other. The reckless aggression causes severe rock-fall and cavern tremors, but allows a distraction enough for the prisoners to escape, while the Drow deal with another crisis.
- With the trunk of belongings in hand, the group use this moment of opportunity to flee through jumping through cobwebs into the waterfall that leads to a cavern floor far below. However, Ront's cowardice kicks in, and his fear of heights prevents him from falling, and ultimately gets him killed by a winged demonic being that ravages him.
- The remaining prisoners survive the fall into the waterfall pool, where they encounter and defeat a Grey Ooze. Soon after, where giant spiders follow their escape path; Andromeda, Derendil and Eldeth are separated from the remaining prisoners, when another tremor causes a cave-in at the tunnel they elect to escape through.